Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hallelujah

Watch this video. Turn up the volume.
It might make you cry.

Lisa and I went to see K.D. lang. We bought the tickets months ago. She had seen her once before in Vancouver. I'd never seen her, and in fact, I haven't been all that familiar with her music. Sure, I knew who she was, and knew a few of her most popular songs. Lisa told me that seeing her live was incredible, and she was so right.

We sat right up close to the stage, and let me tell you, it was truly a transforming experience for me. First of all, I haven't been to all that many live concerts that were of this caliber. K.D. was humble and funny, but most of all........ my god..... her voice. You want to hang onto every single note and not let it go. She has such incredible range and inflections. So rare. So pure. It made me feel a thousand poignant things about life. That's what good music does.

This is one of my favorite songs from that evening, though it's from a different concert of hers. She has such passion, and it cuts right to your core. It makes you realize that true perfection of any kind doesn't have to be presented in a fancy way. It comes across effortlessly when allowed to.


No comments:

Post a Comment