Friday, April 24, 2009

Better Spaghetti

Helloooo,

It's been a while since my last blog post. New job+ adjusting to working more hours is still in effect, and has me running around a bit ragged lately. I'll be posting more soon, but for today, I want to talk again about food (one of my favorite subjects, if you haven't already figured that out). When I'm under stress, I tend to not be able to eat much. I've lost a few pounds since I started this new job. It often feels like my stomach is in knots. But when I get hungry, I'm starving! I also don't have as much time lately to think about/shop for/and prepare meals. So, I'm trying to find easy and healthy things to make quickly at the end of the day when I'm tired and hungry. Recently, I came up with this for dinner, and it was so good. It's like spaghetti, but made with the grain quinoa instead of noodles. It's really healthy (quinoa has good protein in it). If you haven't tried quinoa yet, I highly recommend it. It's light, has a nice texture, goes with a lot of other foods nicely, and is packed with good nutrients.


QUINOA SPAGHETTI:



This dinner should take under a half hour to prepare. Quinoa cooks really quickly. I make it like rice.. about one part quinoa to two parts water. Let it boil, then reduce to simmer with a lid on it. Takes about 10-15 minutes to cook. Make any kind of pasta sauce that you like. I used organic sauce and added ground turkey meat. Steam some asparagus, or any other kind of veggie that you like... oh, and don't forget to add some cheese on top of your spaghetti. I like fresh grated parmesean or even feta.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment