Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year, And A Little On Resolutions

Happy New Year,

I hope you brought in 2010 in a way that felt just right.

I usually stay in on New Years eve and do something cozy, but this year we had a little surprise. Lisa's cousin and her boyfriend (who we had never met) came to see us. Lisa was extremely excited, because her cousin had never been here. We took them out for dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. Then we took them to our favorite dessert place. The food was delicious, and we had a great time talking and laughing with them. It was one of those occasions when you are suddenly mingling with (someone) you don't know very well, yet feeling connected. Lisa commented that she thought I did really well with the surprise visit, because I'm not always one to be able to be spontaneously social. But I've been trying to be more "in the moment" and adventurous, and I think it's showing. That makes me glad.

It's hard for me to make resolutions, because I'm always "working" on something. But the start of a new year does make me stop and think about where I've been and where I'm going, and hone in on some goals.

Here's the list that's been running through my head:

-Continue to try to be in the moment.. don't dwell on the past or the future- be aware and appreciative of what's right in front of me, and don't procrastinate on having what I want/need now.
-Help a person or family ( and ) animals that need help
- continue my quest for better organization- (organization is broad for me- my house, my finances, the things I don't enjoy like doctor appts., and even the way I speak
-make sure that I do enough creative things- esp. photography and writing

Have a good Sunday!

~Tuesday









-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment